Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
2019-20 Local Control Accountability Plan
- Final Approved 2019-20 Local Control Accountability Plan (English)
- 2019-20 Budget Overview for Parents (English)
- Plan de Responsabilidad de Control Local 2019-20 (español)
- 2019-20 Resumen de presupuesto para padres (español)
- 2018-19 Local Control Accountability Plan - Approved June 26, 2018 by the Board of Education
- BORRADOR 2018-19 Plan de Responsabilidad de Control Local - Español
What is the Local Control Accountability Plan?
The Local Control Accountability Plan (also referred to as LCAP) is Monterey Peninsula Unified School District's three-year plan outlining the allocation of state funds provided to school districts to improve learning for all students, and supplemental funds devoted to help students from low-income families, students who are learning English as a second language, and foster youth.
The LCAP includes three sections:
- Goals and Measurable Outcomes (also referred to as Progress Indicators)
- Stakeholder Engagement (a stakeholder is defined as someone who is involved with, interested in, employed or affected by MPUSD. Stakeholders may include certificated or classified staff, students, parents, community members, business leaders, elected officials.
- Actions, Services and Expenditures
The Local Control Funding Formula is California's formula for determining the level of state funding provided to school districts. The funding, also referred to as supplemental and concentration funding, helps to improve learning for all students, and supplemental funds are devoted to helping students from low-income families, students who are learning English as a second language, and foster youth.
The state's eight priority areas where these funds must align include:
- Student Achievement
- Student Engagement
- Parent Involvement
- School Climate
- Common Core State Standards
- Access to a Broad Curriculum
- Basic Services
- Other Student Outcomes
You input is always welcome. If you have comments or feedback, you may contact Marci McFadden, Chief of Communications at email@example.com or 831.706.6971.