Dear Contractor and Design Professionals,
Thank you for your patience and understanding as together we address the Coronavirus and its impacts on our school system, students, families, staff and Facilities supporters. Your level of professionalism, hard work, and calm in the face of adversity is inspiring. Thank you for all you continue to do each day to support our families and community -- your work means so much to so many, especially at this time.
The safety and well-being of our community continues to remain at the forefront of our decision making. We realize that any decision we make will have impacts on many and we consult with both local and state authorities prior to making any decision.
1) Shelter-in-Place Order: Since Monterey County become subject to a shelter-in-place order, public works construction will still go forward according to the shelter-in-place orders we are seeing (see SCC and MC order's below). However, since the general conditions place the burden on the contractor to prove excusable delays, we would recommend following the lead of the contractor and making them decide whether or not the project will continue under the exception provided for in the shelter-in-place order. While the District can decide to stop the project, this “decision by the Owner” gives the contractor the ability to argue that such a delay be compensable. Now, because the underlying health concerns supporting the District/Owner’s decision to stop work are unprecedented and arguably out of the District/Owner’s control, there is an argument that such delay would still be non-compensable. Nevertheless, it would be ideal to have the contractor make that call and then the parties can agree that the delay is excusable, but non-compensable. The contractor would still need to provide notice under section 8.4.2. We are here to assist where we can. We are fully staffed and practicing social distancing requirements during this time.
Monterey High School Stadium Improvement Project
- Monterey High School Stadium Improvements Project Environmental Impact Report
- Monterey High School Stadium Improvements- NOTICE OF PREPARATION OF AN ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT - (Revised as of March 10, 2020 to extend comment period until April 13, 2020)
- Monterey High School Stadium Improvements Project Presentation- 2-26-20
- NEWS RELEASE: MPUSD to Undertake EIR for Monterey High Field Stadium Project
- Monterey High School Field Stadium Project Frequently Asked Questions
- Monterey High School Update Letter to Community
- KSBW: Monterey High upgrades on hold for up to a year
- Monterey County Herald: MPUSD to conduct environmental report on Monterey High Stadium project
- Monterey County Weekly: MPUSD will do EIR