Flyer Distribution Procedures
Please note: Schools cannot use their own Peachjar accounts to send out flyers for outside organizations. Outside organizations must create their own Peachjar accounts and upload their own flyers for district approval.
Your school's Peachjar Site Administrator can upload flyers to the school's Peachjar account. You can send your flyers to the Site Administrator for uploading. The Site Administrator is also in charge of assigning uploading privileges to others. Please contact that individual if you would like to request uploading privileges. Once uploading privileges are assigned to you, an auto-generated email is sent to you with your username and password.
If you are a flyer uploader for your school, follow the directions below.
- IMPORTANT: Read the MPUSD Flyer Policies in the next section below.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Log in.
- Upload your flyer. You will go through a "checkout" process, but there is no charge for flyers for schools and parent clubs.
Your flyer will then be emailed out in the next cycle, which is typically the following day.
Sending Flyers to Other Schools
Just like outside organizations can submit eFlyers to MPUSD for approval to distribute to any of our schools, now our schools also have the capability to distribute eFlyers to other schools in our district. If a school or parent club is hosting an event open to the entire community, and wants other schools’ families to know about it, that school can send its eFlyer to MPUSD with a list of schools to send the flyer to. Because of the Peachjar account structure, these flyers from other schools will appear to be coming from your school—but they have actually been sent by the district Peachjar account. If you are interested in doing this, please contact [email protected] or [email protected]
MPUSD eFlyer Policies - Schools and Parent Clubs
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be in PDF format.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Include both English and Spanish. eFlyers can have multiple pages in one PDF document. Please provide an accurate translation - be advised that Google Translate is not sufficient.
Flyers must NOT contain materials that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
- Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.
Procedures for eFlyer Distribution to Families
Our district cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar to district families. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
Your flyer will automatically be submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards described below. Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
NOTE: If you are a parent group at one of our MPUSD schools, these instructions do not apply. Click here for instructions.
If an organization wishes to provide paper flyers, the flyers must first be approval-stamped at the MPUSD District Office. The organization can then give copies of the stamped flyers to the school office, where they will be made available at or near the front counter. No paper copies will be given to teachers or staff to distribute to students for taking home.
Flyers to be Sent to MPUSD Teachers Only
If you would like to send information to MPUSD teachers, you can select "for District Staff" during your flyer uploading process. Material sent to teachers should be information about possible student workshop or field trip opportunities, or availability of inexpensive or free quality classroom materials. Flyers for teachers only are not required to include a Spanish translation.
Posters from outside organizations to be mounted for display on school grounds must first be approved by the school's administration and each copy of the poster initialed. Posters for school sites do not need to be approved by the MPUSD District Office.
MPUSD Flyer Policies - Outside Organizations
All flyers to be distributed must:
"DISCLAIMER: The activities, products, or services advertised in this flyer are not sponsored or endorsed by MPUSD or its schools.”
“DESCARGO DE RESPONSABILIDAD: Las actividades, productos o servicios publicitados en este folleto no están patrocinados ni respaldados por el MPUSD ni sus escuelas.”
Flyers will NOT be approved that: