Enrollment for the 2020-21 school year is underway. Due to COVID-19, we have updated the ways you can register your child in an MPUSD school. This applies to all NEW STUDENTS (attending MPUSD for the very first time or students who were not enrolled with MPUSD in 2019-20).
Ways to Enroll
- Drop Off: Download the forms below, complete, and submit with the required documents in one of the locked drop boxes (recently installed) at your school of residence.
- Pick Up: Pick up an enrollment packet at any school site and return it to your school of residence (school closest to your home) when completed.
- Scan and Email: Complete the forms below and scan/email back with the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be forwarded to your school of residence for processing.
- In Person: Check to see if your school of residence (elementary, middle or high school site nearest your home - also see bottom right column our School Finder app) has specific “social distancing” Office Hours for registration.
- Proof of Age: Prior to admission of a child to kindergarten or first grade, proof of the child's age is required. Evidence of the child's age may include: a certified birth certificate or a statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth, a duly attested baptism certificate, or a passport. When none of the foregoing is obtainable, the parent/guardian may provide any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child.
- Immunization Record: Immunization (shot) records must be completed prior to enrolling in transitional kindergarten, kindergarten or if a first-time student in the district. (Shots Required for K-12)
- Proof of Physical Examination: (If enrolling in transitional kindergarten, kindergarten or 1st grade)
- Proof of Oral Health Assessment: (first year in public school - transitional kindergarten, kindergarten or 1st grade)
- Proof of TDAP or the DTP booster: (required for Grades 7-12)
- Proof of Residence: Utility bill, lease agreement, or rent receipt dated within the last 30 days. (Cell phone bills are not acceptable)
- Transcript: Students entering Grades 10-12 MUST provide a transcript
- Transfer Approval Form, if the student is a non-resident of the school
- Name, address and FAX number of previous school
Deisi Teran, Specialist
Student Enrollment & Transfers
District Office - Room 10
700 Pacific Street
Monterey, CA 93940
Physically closed due to COVID-19. Email or call and your message will be returned.