Why I Teach Where I Teach
Meet our certificated (teacher) staff members from across the school district.
- Brandi Hobson: 'I know I am doing my job right if they are having some form of success'
- Rhea Layosa: 'It takes extreme patience and determination to do what's right by students'
- Mike Guerrant: 'Every day counts'
- Salena Iglesias: 'I know this is my purpose to be here'
- Laura Worsfold: 'There is something magical about children'
- Amanda Kennedy: 'We do have equity of voice'
- Jorge Reyes: 'They are just so bright and they have the capacity to soak it all in'
- Jason Nicholson: 'Teaching is underrated'
- Jeremy Haynes: 'Seaside has my heart'
- Jessica Powell: 'I like to pull that greatness out of them'
- Zack Lowell: 'Learning from our mistakes is the most important thing to have that resilience.'
- Ivy Ottmar: 'Everybody is supportive. They want to see us all succeed.'
- Kathy Su: 'For our students every little thing is progress'
- Chris Apuada: 'You can make a difference in a student’s life'
- Dr. Jamee Lynch-Moore: 'I absolutely love where I work'
- Uziel Diaz: 'It's important to pour back into my community'
- Midori Collins: 'For me, it's just sharing knowledge'
- Jason Dennis: 'This is where I belong'
- Hiro Zeller: 'I love working at MPUSD because Monterey is so diverse'
- Sam Pereira: 'Every staff member is deeply committed to creating a positive space for kids'
- Charles Fleming: 'I've had this opportunity of marrying two real passions that I have'
- Sharon Valencia: 'This is where we're molding them to be the amazing adults they can be'
- Angelica Diaz-Roman: 'I see them as my extended family'
- Franky Morazan: 'I teach because the kids give me life'
- Rebekah Corbishley: 'Belief in themselves will carry them throughout their life'
- Maria Carney: 'I get a lot more family connection'
- Alyssa Mah: 'Hopeful for what the day can bring'
- Michelle Faatuai: 'At the heart of it all, it's always got to be students first'
- Melanie Tanseco: 'They are children first and they have unique needs'
- Rick Mayhew: 'I am more like a counselor for our students than just a PE teacher'
- Kai Esaki: 'To see our students' achievements and to be recognized is really satisfying'
- Lyndsay Piña: 'Their curiosity is infectious'
- Tnaya Scott: 'I do love the work I am doing'
- Brady Shilstone: 'I just really enjoy hanging out with these kids'
- Meghan Armfield-Webb: 'Seaside is just a really great and special place and I’m really proud of it'
- David Collyer: 'I Feel a Special Connection to the Campus and Community'
- Dan Cutler: 'Everyone is Willing to Go the Extra Yard to Help Students'
- RJ Roach: 'Building Positive Relationships with Students'
- Erin Straw: 'I Want Them to Feel Safe, Loved and Recognized for Their Uniqueness'
- Kelly Ventimilia: 'I Love to See Their Wonder and Joy'
- Nicky Williams: 'My Students Push Me to Think Outside the Box'