August 7, 2019
The Monterey Peninsula Unified School District is pleased to welcome new and returning students, and families to 2019-20 school year. MPUSD is on the rise, and together with students, families, and the community, we’ve seen five years of incredible progress.
The progress we’ve seen in just five short years together includes:
- 15% increase in the number of students meeting CSU/UC admissions requirements
- 20% increase in teacher salaries
- Increase in the number (23) of college courses across all high schools
- 44% reduction in districtwide suspension rates
- 51% reduction in water use
- 62% increase in the number of students taking at least one Advanced Placement exam
- 56% increase in Career Technical Education pathway courses
- 100% of all elementary students engaged in art and music classes
- 350 more students enrolled in preschool and transitional kindergarten
We are excited about the teaching and learning that will occur this school year, and are thankful for your continued confidence in the district, your child’s school, our teachers and staff to prepare your student for academic success.
Our committed and talented team of teachers, staff, and administrators have an outstanding year planned. We have a robust system of social and emotional supports in place that features support staff at all school sites. We have enhanced our Multi-Tiered Systems of Support that address all aspects of student learning, including academic, and social and emotional issues.
We look forward to making a personal connection with you and your student, and partnering with families and the community to ensure every school and every student succeeds. If I can be of help to your family during the school year, please don’t hesitate to contact my office at 831.645.1204 or email to email@example.com.