MPUSD is happy to provide a teacher recertification program to all current teachers. Based on Article XXII of the MBTA contract, we provide reimbursement to teachers who become recertified in specified areas of need. The following areas have been identified as areas of need for the 2019-20 school year.
- Special Education
- Preschool certification necessary to comply with SB837
- Coursework/certification necessary to comply with AB288 for dual enrollment
Through this program, teachers will be reimbursed the cost of college tuition, credential and examination fees incurred while obtaining the additional credential/certification.
The following criteria apply to qualifications for the recertification program:
- Accepted applicants must sign a commitment to teach for a minimum of three years in a new subject area (if assigned) after the acquisition of the new certification;
- Approved applicants must acquire a timeline and progress evaluation approval from the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, or designee;
- Reimbursement of fees shall not exceed the prevailing rate established for the University of California;
- Total reimbursement and fees will be made only after written verification of completion and/or recertification by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (as appropriate);
- No payment shall be made for classes taken prior to approval of the plan.