Educational Services » Transitional Kindergarten (TK) & Kindergarten

Transitional Kindergarten (TK) & Kindergarten

Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten Requirements

Transitional kindergarten and kindergarten are offered at all school sites (NOTE: Register early. Space is limited to availability and a student may be transferred to another school should space not be available).
Kindergarten: Turns 5 before September 1 of the Academic School Year
Transitional Kindergarten: Turns 5 between September 2 and March 1 of the Academic School Year
To view the California Education Code for Kindergarten enrollment. Click on the following link: 

What's Needed:
  • New Student Registration Form (English or Spanish)
  • Emergency Contact Form (English or Spanish)
  • Proof of Residence (Lease agreement, utility bill, etc.)
  • Proof of child's age - Prior to admission of a child to kindergarten or first grade, proof of the child's age is required. Evidence of the child's age may include: a certified birth certificate or a statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth, a duly attested baptism certificate, or a passport. When none of the foregoing is obtainable, the parent/guardian may provide any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child.
  • Immunization record - Immunization records (or shots) must be completed prior to enrolling in transitional kindergarten, kindergarten or if a first-time student in the district. (Shots Required for K-12)
  • Oral Health Assessment (if enrolling in public school for the first time - transitional kindergarten, kindergarten or 1st grade)
  • Proof of physical examination (If enrolling in kindergarten or 1st grade; physical exam must be conducted within 18 months upon entering 1st grade) 

Pick up or drop off registration packets to your school site of residence. Forms also available for download.