Human Resources » Newly Hired Employees

Newly Hired Employees

Educators who need a copy of their credential

MPUSD requires that you submit a copy of your credential or permit through EDjoin application.  You can obtain this through the CTC website. Make sure that you copy the document number, effective dates, and authorization codes.

Basic directions are as follows:

  1. Go to the CTC website.
  2. Enter - Social Security Number and Date of Birth
  3. Click on Document Number (one at a time if there is more than one credential or permit)
  4. Click and hold the left mouse key beginning at Educator Information
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the credential or permit
  6. Click the right mouse key and select PRINT and SAVE an electronic copy
  7. Upload the electronic copy to your MPUSD application if you have not already done so

Recent teacher preparation program graduates

If you have recently completed a teacher credentialing program, your university may be in process of applying for your credential to the CTC.  MPUSD will need you to complete a short survey that will serve as verification that your credential application is in process.  Please review this MPUSD Credential Survey for a preview of the survey content.  If you have been recommended for hire, a Credential Technician will reach out to you via email with a link to the survey.

MPUSD has partners with the Center for Teacher Innovation through Riverside County Office of Education for the new teacher induction program.  If you are looking to clear your credential, you can find more information here.

Out-of-state credential holders

California's credential for service in a self-contained classroom (elementary and middle school) is the Multiple Subject Teaching Credential.  The credential for service in departmentalized classes (middle and high school) is the Single Subject Teaching Credential.

There are two steps to becoming a fully credentialed teacher in California. Review the Out of State trained credential requirements to better understand what you will be required to do to maintain your credential in the state of California.  Please note that each type of credential requested requires an application, fee, and verification of requirements. Fingerprint processing must be submitted for clearance with your first credential application.

During the initial 5-year period, you may be held to one or more requirements to receive the Clear Credential. Please review appropriate CTC information leaflet as listed below in PDF format:

Early Education teachers

The CTC offers six levels of Child Development Permits.  Each permit has specific requirements that must be met to authorize the holder to perform different levels of service in child development programs.

Early Education Child Development Permits

  • Child Development Assistant Permit
  • Child Development Associate Teacher Permit
  • Child Development Teacher Permit
  • Child Development Master Teacher Permit
  • Child Development Site Supervisor Permit
  • Child Development Program Director Permit

This CTC leaflet will provide specific detail about the requirements of each permit.

Substitute teachers

If you are interested in serving as a substitute teacher for MPUSD, you must have a valid 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit. The Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit will authorize you to serve as a day-to-day substitute teacher in any classroom, as a substitute for no more than 30 days for any one teacher during the school year, except in a special education classroom, where the holder may serve for no more than 20 days for any one teacher during the school year. This permit is valid for one year and is renewable.

For detailed information about obtaining the 30 Day Substitute Permit you can review the leaflet on the CTC website.

Renewing your credential

Substitute permits, some child development permits, and all professional, professional clear and clear credentials must be renewed online through the CTC website

We recommend that you begin the process of renewal at least 3 months prior to the expiration date. 

If your credential or permit is due to expire, but the Commission's website won't allow you to renew online, please contact your Human Certificated Resource Specialist:

Kenya Hobson 831-645-1288
Sonia Magdaleno 831-645-1284
Gaby Corral 831-645-1266

Individuals Qualifying for emergency or intern credentials

If you have been selected by an MPUSD administrator for a position but do not have a valid credential, you may be eligible for an emergency permit or intern credential.


Emergency permits are issued by the CTC at the request of MPUSD.  Review the CTC website to learn more about what the CTC requires in order to obtain an emergency permit. Upon job offer, you will need to contact your Human Resources Specialist as soon as possible to begin the process.


Intern credentials are issued by the CTC at the request of the credentialing university you are attending.  Proof of an MPUSD job offer will be required by the university prior to issuance of a credential.  You can find out more about the CTC process for interns on their website